Sunday, April 27, 2008

Testees?

So I've been waiting all year to have one of these moments... I knew it was bound to happen. High school kids are really good at turning normal, totally unperverted comments into something very perverted and immature. However, this week I didn't need any help embarrassing myself. We've been on crazy testing schedules lately, with the Ga High School graduation test right before Spring Break, and the Gateway Writing test this week... so we're all going a little crazy with the long block periods and 3 hours of proctoring. One morning this week before the writing test I'm trying to corral all the lost 10th graders into their correct testing locations. One of my male students was mackin' hard on these 2 girls in the hallyway who needed to come in my room for the test. As he's giving one a hug and saying his goodbyes I decide to hurry up the love fest so we can get going with passing out the test.
Now, let me just ask you what you would call students who are about to take a test? Probably something like "testers," or "test-takers," or anything normal and logical like that, I'd assume. Not me... no sir; I decide to say the following (for all the world to hear): "John,* hurry up, you're holding up my testees!" Let me just tell you, I did not stick around long enough to see or hear anyone's reactions. If I could have grabbed those words mid-air and jammed them back down my throat, I assure you I would have. But no, instead I told a male student he was holding up my (a female's) testees....
Awesome.

3 comments:

Amber said...

HILARIOUS!!!! i live for comments like that.

Michelle said...

That's awesome!

I completely empathize. My seniors are reading "A Streetcar Named Desire," which is a pretty steamy play. In the first scene, one of the (male) main characters throws a package from the butcher at his wife. I had to, as maturely as possible, explain that the other characters are laughing because it's a euphemism for sex. He threw the meat at her.

We're on scene eleven, and the boys will still occasionally crack up and cry out: "He threw the meat at her!"

Chelsea said...

Love this. I LIVE for stories like this. Please give me more!!!