Monday, October 29, 2007

A case of the Mondays...

Ever feel like the whole world (and by whole world I mean 120 students) is actually TRYING to annoy you? Every question, every sound, every look.... I have a HUGE case of the Mondays. Ten minutes into first period today I had already yelled at two kids (one for saying "that's f***ed up to the kid next to him b/c he smacked him) and taken one into the hall for calling me a liar in front of the entire class b/c I wouldn't accept his vocabulary homework late. There are just some days that I don't feel cut out for this for very long. I try to remind myself that they are just children. They have SO many insecurities and fears and are all trying to keep up appearances (as am I!)... but there are days when it's hard to look past the attitude, disrespect, ungratefulness, lack of motivation and responsibility and remember that I am making a difference, even if they don't realize it and I can't see it.
And NO I did not spend my entire weekend grading the make-up work that YOU didn't turn in the first time around. I'll get to it when I have a chance this time around.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Yep, I COMPLETELY agree. Thank the Lord it's Friday-- I'm exhausted! It makes me feel better to know that I'm not the only one experiencing this crap, er...these challenges. :)